Squidgy Chocolate Brownies
Member recipe by tanialambden
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Pieces
- 3.5oz bar plain choc (Bourneville or good quality percentage of choc)
- 4oz butter or marg (Stork soft or block)
- 2 eggies
- 8oz Soft brown sugar
- 4oz Self-raising flour
- quarter teaspoon of salt
- 2oz raisins
- 7"x11" swiss roll tin and it is worth lining the tin with non-stick baking parchment even though it is a little on the dear side. Cut it to fit up the sides by slitting the corners and creasing it - it might curl up but will get weighted down with the mixture.
- Break the choc and place with butter/marg in a bowl - recipe says in a bowl over hot water but this takes a while and is mainly to stop the chocolate from going funny. I usually put it in the microwave on low and keep taking it in and out stirring in between. Keep the setting low because otherwise the butter will splatter a lot and also the choc will go funny as it melts. Be patient! Once it has melted and you've combined the two ingredients leave it to cool.
- Heat oven to about mark 4 or 350/170degrees C
- Lightly beat the eggs and sugar together, then add the raisins and blend into the cooled mixture, fold in the flour, pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Pour into the tin and level. You may have to stretch it a bit to reach the edges and corner of the tin.
- Bake for 35-40 mins till coming from the sides and firm in the centre. Leave to cool in the tin. It will crack open on the top and should be cooked but soft in the middle. Carefully turn out onto a cooling rack by putting the rack on top of the cooked cake and turn over peel back the non-stick paper and voila!