Pineapple and cheddar chicken
Member recipe by xgasoline
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 half pineapple slices
- 6 slices of old cheddar
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter or margarine
- 5ml lime juice
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- A dozen toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Cut the chicken breasts as you can open them as a book.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a skillet. Grill the chicken breasts in the skillet, about 4 minutes each side. Salt, pepper to your taste.
- Cut the cheese slices in half, so it's abour the same size as the chicken breast.
- Open carefully the chicken breats, and Stuff them first with 2 half-slices of cheddar, then 1 half-slice of pineapple and then, finish with another half-slice of cheddar. Close them, make them hold with toothpicks.
- Spread 1 tbsp of oil in baking dish and place the chicken on it. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the juice coming out of the chicken is clear.
- About 5 minutes before the cooking is over, brown the green onions with the butter and the lime juice in a saucepan. Serve it over the chicken breasts when they are ready.