Creamed Cauliflower Soup
Member recipe by missericacourt
A simple, creamy, satisfying soup, that you can serve hot for winter nights, or cold for al fresco summer afternoons.
- 1 large cauliflower, florets, stems and leaves, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 100ml single cream
- small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 20g leeks, finely chopped
- extra cream and parsley sprigs, for serving
- Put the cauliflower and potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 10-15 minutes until both are very soft.
- Stir in the olive oil, cumin and plenty of seasoning to taste. Whizz in a blender (or use a stick blender) until very smooth. Tip back into the pan and reheat.
- Stir in the cream, parsely and chopped leeks. At this point, either serve as it is (piping hot), or tip into a suitable container, cool to room temperature then chill in the fridge for at least two hours before serving.
- To serve, pour into deep bowls, and swirl in a little extra cream to each bowl for an attractive finish, and top with a parsley sprig.