Chocolate Fudge Cake
Member recipe by dale17
- 175g Self-Raising Flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 medium sized eggs - beaten
- 1/4pt sunflower oil
- 1/4pt Milk
- FOR THE ICING
- 75g unsalted butter
- 175g icing sugar (more if needed)
- 2.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- milk or warm water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ÃÂ°F/ Gas mark 4. Grease and line two 18cm sandwich tins.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
- Add the sugar and mix well. make a well in centre and add the syrup,eggs,oil and milk. beat well until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the two tins and bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and firm to the touch. remove from oven,leave to cool before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Sandwich the two cakes together with butter cream icing, to make the icing place the butter in a bowl and beat until soft.
- Gradually sift and beat in the icing sugar and then add enough milk/water until soft (if you add to much milk/water just sift some more icing sugar in) make the icing fluffy and spreadable.
- Finally sandwich the cakes together with the icing and the cover the cake in the rest of the icing. use a fork to put some patterns on the top if needed.