Simple Chicken Tikka Masala
Member recipe by minichef1234
- For the curry:
- 1 White onion, diced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 skinless chicken fillets, cut into small chunks
- 1 tbsp of Oil
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200g Chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp of tikka masala sauce
- 350ml of boiling water (for stock)
- 300g of Basmati rice
- first, fry the chicken chunks in a saucepan until white, then place to one side and fry the onions in the same pan until brown
- once the onions are brown, add the chicken back and the garlic and continue frying for 5 minutes.
- Into another saucepan, put the rice into 500ml of boiling water and use cooking guide on packet to boil the rice.
- whilst the rice is boiling, put the chicken stock cube into a glass jug and add the boiling water to make the stock and add that to the onion, chicken and garlic.
- also add the tomatoes and tikka sauce and stir together.
- bring the mix to the boil and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- once the rice is fully cooked remove from pan and divide onto 2 plates.
- when the curry sauce is done use a ladle to pour some of the sauce onto the rice.
- for an extra touch, serve with either naan bread or popadoms.