Sweet Potato Pie
Member recipe by skippybartlett
- 500g sweet potato
- 125g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 120ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry Case (9inch ish)
- Boil sweet potato whole in skin until soft throughout.
- Allow to cool enough to handle and scoop out the potato.
- Preheat oven Gas Mark 4
- Mix the potato with the butter until it turns into a smooth mash. Then add in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg and cinnamon. Tip - if feeling extra indulgent (and why not!) substitue some of the milk for cream. Mix well.
- Put into your pastry case and place in oven for about 50-60mins. Test with a knife in the middle it shuld come out clean