Chicken in Szechuan Sauce
Member recipe by jacquibendall
A quick and easy chicken recipe ideal for a midweek supper. A Chinese style chicken dish.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 200g tomato passata
- 250g beansprouts, fresh or tinned
- 125g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- oil for frying
- Heat a little oil in a wok and fry chicken until golden, remove chicken and set aside.
- Add more oil to wok and fry onions, spring onions, chilli, ginger and garlic until the onion begins to soften.
- Add mushrooms.
- Return chicken to wok and pour over tomato passata.
- Add beansprouts and stir well.
- Serve with boiled rice.