Nina's Malibu Coconut Flan
Member recipe by ninotchka
This is a lovely coconut recipe. A twist to a classic blanc mange and it is so so easy to make.
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 bottle coconut milk (200ml)
- 1 can of milk (use the empty condensed mik can)
- 1 pack of leaf gelatine (I use Dr. Oetker Supercook Select Fine Leaf Gelatine)
- 3 tbsp of Malibu
- food colouring (if desired, you can make it all white)
- Mix the condensed milk and coconut milk in a bowl and reserve.
- Cut up the leaves in small pieces. Warm up the milk and dissolve the gelatine in it.
- When it is all dissolved, passing through a fine sieve, mix it with the reserved condensed/coconut milk mixture. Mix it well with a spoon.
- Divide the liquid in two bowls. In one add the Malibu and food colouring, if desired.
- Put this in a ring flan dish and let it set in the fridge, for about half an hour.
- Check that the flan is set before adding the rest of the mixture.
- Put it in the fridge for an hour, till it is all set.
- If you want, decorate with cream and cherries.