Nina's Savoury Pie
Member recipe by ninotchka
This is so easy because you can just put all ingredients for dough in the blender. And for filling you can use whatever you have in the fridge!!
- For the dough
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil (I like olive oil, but you can use whatever you prefer)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chives
- black pepper
- For the filling
- Whatever you have in your fridge. My favourite is
- 1 pack sliced cooked ham
- 1 pack sliced chorizo
- 3 cups of grated cheese (I used grueyre, mozzarela and italian hard cheese, I love cheese so I put loads in)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (with garlic is nice)
- 1/2 sliced onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 small can of sweetcorn
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C
- Put all ingredients for the dough in a blender (big one, or do the blending in two batches). Give it a whizz till you have a smooth batter.
- Grease a baking tray (around 30cm x 24cm) and pour half the batter in.
- Do the filling. I usually use the ham first, covering the batter, to avoid the moisture of the tomatoes getting into the batter when cooking. Just layer all ingredients as you wish.
- After arranging the filling, pour the rest of batter on top.
- Put in the oven and cook for 1 hour. If the top starts browning too fast, cover it with foil to allow the batter to cook properly.
- Serve it with vegetables or a salad. I like it so much I eat it on its own.