New potato & asparagus salad
Member recipe by rileyrose
Melting cheese and warm potatoes mixed with chorizo and walnuts make this spring dish a delight
- 700g new potatoes, cut in half
- 25g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 16-24 asparagus
- 150g young spinach
- 1/2 chorizo log, sliced
- 100g soft goats cheese
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- For the dressing
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/Gas 6
- Parboil the potatoes for 15 minutes. Drain and cool for 5 minutes before putting in roasting pan.
- The dressing: mix together all the dressing ingredients, seasoning with salt and pepper if desired, and pour half over the potatoes, mixing well.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, until soft on the inside and crisp on the outside. Sprinkle the walnuts on and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- boil the asparagus for 5 to 7 minutes until tender.
- place spinach leaves on bottom of salad bowl. place potatoes and onion and chorizo next. then cheese. then asparagus and walnuts. pour over remaining dressing. serve with fresh bread or a baguette.