- 1 small pineapple or 350g pineapple chunks
With its tuft of spiky, dusty green leaves and cross-hatched, golden orange skin, the pineapple…
- 140g beansprout
The two most common beansprouts are the green-capped mung bean…
- 250g cooked king prawn
- ½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and sliced on the angle
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful mint leaves, very roughly chopped
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- 50g unsalted cashew, toasted if you like
The seeds from the 'Cashew Apple' - a tree which bears bright orange fruit and is native…
For the dressing
Mash the chilli, garlic and sugar to a paste using a pestle and mortar or small processor. Stir in the lime juice and fish sauce, then set aside.
Peel, quarter, core and slice the pineapple at an angle. Toss with beansprouts, prawns, cucumber and tomato and some of the dressing. Pile into bowls and scatter with mint and cashews. Drizzle with the rest of the dressing and serve.