Member recipe by robipara
- 300 g of stale tuscan bread
- 30 g of fresh onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- some parsley depending on one's taste
- 5 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp of white wine vinegar
- Place the stale bread in a container with plenty of water until the bread is saturated with water.
- Squeeze the bread to take out the excess water and successively divide the bread up into small pieces and put it into a bowl.
- Now pour the vinegar into the bowl and let the bread take in the vinegar.
- Cut the parsley and the basil finely and place them into the bowl.
- Now cut the tomatoes in cubes and place them into the bowl.
- Once this is done put the oil, salt and pepper in and mix as a salad.
- You could also add a grilled eggplant to the mix and a handful of chicory. I did not add this to this recipe because I've been proven that not everyone likes these two ingredients in the Panzanella.