Carribean Tuna Pasta
Member recipe by asizs3000
A quick and easy mid-week meal fit for all the family and great for lunch the next day, hot or cold.
- 500g conchiglie (pasta shells)
- 200g tuna chunks in Sunflower oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 Sprig thyme
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 200g sweetcorn kernels
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fish seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Grated cheese to serve
- Prepare the pasta, boil according to packet instructions.
- Thinly slice the onion and tomato. Crush the garlic. Add the olive oil to a small pan and gently sautee the onions until transparent; then add tomatoes and sautee together until tomatoes become tender. Remove from the heat.
- Drain sunflower oil from tuna chunks and add to pan with tomatoes and onions. Add cajun seasoning, ground black pepper, fish seasoning, thyme, crushed garlic and paprika. Gently fry for 3 minutes, do not allow to become dry.
- Add sweetcorn and its juices to tuna in the pan. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes, checking it does not stick to the pan.
- Pasta should be ready by now, drain pasta and stir in cooked tuna from the pan.
- Serve sprinkled with cheese.