Spiced Honey Thins
Member recipe by stonerfish
ServingsServes 1 - 32 Biscuits
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g butter
- 100g dark muscovado unrefined cane sugar
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp honey
- (optional) 1 tsp creme fraiche
- Preheat oven to 190oC/ Gas Mark 5 and grease baking tray (or line with parchment)
- Sift the flour, spices and soda into a bowl together, roughly mix together and then rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs
- Add the sugars, honey, egg and if using creme fraiche. It should be a rather firm dough, if required, add a little bit of milk to make more moist.
- Roll out onto a flour surface to between a 5-10mm thickness and use cookie cutters (I always use ninja cutters!).
- Place the dough onto the baking tray and if desired, sift on some icing sugar or crumble some demerara sugar for that added sweetness. Leave a reasonable space between cookies to allow them to expand.
- Bake cookies for 10-15mins. Take out and allow them to firm up a little for around 5-10 mins before transferring to a cool rack.
- Once they have cooled, they are delicious on their own or with some decorations. Some popular responses I've had comes from royal icing, sugar icing, dipping partially in chocolate or even with a very small pinch of salt.