spicy med veg lasagne
Member recipe by mrsamos
a mildly spiced roast veg lasagne with italian herbs and cheshire cheese , can be tailored to suit any taste by adding or removing heat.
- Roasting Tin / Jug / Pan
- 1 medium / large courgette sliced
- 1 medium aubergine sliced
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 4 large mushrooms sliced (any variety found in supermarkets)
- 4 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 red pepper de-seeded and sliced
- 1 large tin of plum or chopped tomatoes
- italian herbs mix (i use shwartz spicy italian)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pint of veg stock made with 1 veg oxo cube
- lasagne sheets
- dash of oil for roasting
- Cheese Topping
- I used a handful of crumbled cheshire and a handful of grated chedder mixed up.
- Pre-Heat your oven to 210 degrees.
- Slice up your courgette , aubergine , tomatoes , mushrooms , pepper and onion - Rinse under running water. Add to the roasting tin with a dash of oil - sprinkle of Salt and Pepper to taste and bang it in the oven for 10-15 mins or until softened - NOT SOGGY - whilst these are cooking go to next step.
- So whilst the veg is roasting add your tin of tomatoes to a large pan, add in a tablespoon of italian herbs and your tomato puree - salt and pepper and veg stock - heat this gently until bubbling nicely.
- After your 15 mins remove veg from the oven and transfer to the pan of tomatoes. stir together gently.
- In 2 individual lasagne dishes - or a large one - layer some of your veggy mix to the bottom. Then a layer of DRY lasage sheets - I then added a sprinkle of cheese and build up another layer of veg mix and layer of pasta - keep going as you like making sure you end with your veg mix.
- transfer this to the oven for 15 minutes until the pasta has softened. After 15 minutes add your cheese mix to the top and bake for a further 5 minutes or until your cheese is melted.
- remove from oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes
- Serve with Garlic Bread drizzled with balsamic vinegar or a nice crisp salad.
- Beautiful !!!!