Chicken Legs with Chorizo
Member recipe by stuartharvey
This recipe can be enjoyed all year round. The chorizo and paprika add brilliant color and flavour to the dish.
- 2 good size chicken legs
- Olive Oil
- 1.5" thick slice of Chorizo
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube to make 200ml Stock
- 2 par boiled Potatoes cut into quarters
- 2 heaped tablespoons of Paprika
- 1/2 tea spoon of ceyenne pepper
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Season the chicken legs and place a slice of the chorizo under the skin then brown in a wok. Place the skin side down first for 3 minutes then turn over for another 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside on a clean plate.
- Add the vegetables and chorizo to the wok and fry until onions are translucent. Add the garlic, paprika and ceyence and fry for another 5 minutes. Add the potatoes to the pan and mix well until the potatoes have turned a light reddish color.
- Place vegetables in a baking tray and place the chicken legs on top. Cover with foil and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Un cover the chicken and vegetables and add the chicken stock to stop it all drying out. Return to the oven for another 25 minutes.
- To serve take out the potatoes and vegetables, split between two plates then place the chicken on top.