Buttermilk Coleslaw salad
Member recipe by ashwinisampath
- 1 medium head green cabbage cored and chopped fine
- 2 large carrots peeled and shredded on a box grated
- 2/3 c buttermilk
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 8 scallions chopped fine
- 2 tbls sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Optional :
- 2 or 3 chicken salami ( with red and yellow pepper )
- Toss shredded cabbage and carrots with one teaspoon salt in a colander and set over a medium bowl. Let stand until wilted, about 1 hour. Rinse cabbage with carrots under cold water, drain, dry well with paper towels, and transfer to large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients plus salt to taste. Refrigerate until chilled, about 15 minutes. Adjust seasoning and serve.
- You can also add cold cut chicken salami if you prefer non-veg.
- But remember the key for better taste is to have the salad cold!!