Zoe's toad in the hole
Member recipe by bakingchef15
really easy perfect for when the kids come home and you want to make a quick and easy meal
- 4oz plain flour
- pinch salt
- 1 med egg
- 300ml 1/2 pint milk or milk and water
- 450g 1lb sasuages
- To make the batter mix flour and salt in a basin, make a hollow in the centre and drop in the egg.
- Stir with wooden spoon and add liquid gradually, until all the flour is worked in.
- Beat well and add remaining liquid.
- Heat oven to 220c/425f/gas mark 7
- Place sausages in a shallow dripping tin and cook for about 10min.
- Pour batter over the partly cooked sausages and cook for a further 30min.