gordons victoria plum crumble
Member recipe by krissyg32
- 3 lbs victoria plums, de-stoned
- 300g plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 150gbutter, cubed
- 500g granulated sugar
- pre-heat oven to 180c fan
- sift flour and sugar into a large mixing bowl, add the butter and rub in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
- in a large non-stick saucepan add the plums, over a medium heat add the plums and also the sugar and simmer for 10 minutes or until the plums are soft and there is lots of juice. dont forget to stir occasionally.
- once the plums are cooked place them in a large oven-proof dish top with the crumble and bake for 30 to 35 mins or until the crumble is brown and cooked through.
- to serve, custard or evaporated milk, delicious.