Pork chop cassarole
Member recipe by nicolamitchell
Comfort food, easy, tasty and a family favourite through the week with little preparation.
- 4 pork chops or pork steaks
- 3 large or 4 small potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2 can of campbells condensed mushroom soup
- preheat oven to 180c/ gas 5
- grill or fry chops for 5 minutes on each side just to brown
- meanwhile peel and slice the potatoes into discs, also peel and slice the onion
- arrange a 3rd of the potato in the base of a large ovenproof dish, add a layer of onion on top, then the potatoes, then onion, repeat till all used up
- open soup, spoon and spread half on top of the potato and onion mix
- when pork is just browned lay the chops on top of the potatoes and sauce. Spread rest of soup onto the pork chops
- fill soup can half way up with water and pour into cassarole dish in between the pork chops to wash some of the soup into the potato and onion layers.
- place lid on and cook in oven, middle shelf for about 1 hour. serve pork chop onto plate then spoon out the potato. accompany with your favourite veg!