Puff pastry bowls
Member recipe by sandeea
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Portion
- 1 sheet of puff pastry per bowl (or 2 if you are going to make a family-sized bowl)
- 1 whisked egg for brushing
- Aluminum foil to form half-circle
- A breakfast bowl (or a salad bowl if you go intend to make a familiy-sized bowl)
- Place an aluminum sheet inside the cup so that covers it completely, and fill it with small balls of aluminum foil to fill the cup. Close it to form a semicircle of aluminum foil, which is what gives shape to the bowl (See pictures).
- With a knife cut a circle of pastry the size of the bowl, and put it on base. Place above the semicircle of aluminum, and cover with the rest of the pastry, pressing down firmly so that it is properly sealed. Decorate as you like, and brush with egg to give a golden hue.
- Bake 15-20 minutes in preheated oven at 200 ºC. Let cool and carefully cut the top of the "dome". Remove foil and aluminum balls inside the "dome". Fill with the dish you like: salads, pasta, ...