Homemade Potato Appetizer
Member recipe by stelladias77
- 3 slices bread crust removed
- 1/2 tablespoons red onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilies thinly sliced
- 250 grams potatoes prepared or left over mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams vermicelli noodles broken into small, 1/2 inch pieces
- 250 millilitres vegetable oil for frying
- Dip bread slice in some water, squeeze out water and crumble the bread.
- In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat and add onion, green chili, curry leaves, and mashed potatoes. Mix until onion is softened and everything is heated through. Add pepper, crumbled bread and salt. Mix well.
- Next make large lemon sized balls of the potato mixture. Shape the ball into an oval shape.
- After that, make the batter: add water 1/4 cup of flour and salt. Mix to make a thick batter. Dip oval shaped potato mixture in the batter and then roll them in vermicelli.
- Deep fry them in hot oil (over medium heat), until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove onto absorbent paper and serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.