Member recipe by philipbur
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Pancakes
American style breakfast pancakes. Ideal with fruit & yogurt or maple syrup.
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Wet ingredients:
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 egg whites, beaten until fluffly but not dry
- 1 cup blueberries, if desired
- Sift dry ingredients into large bowl; set aside.
- Beat together wet ingredients.
- Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy but not dry; fold gently into batter. Add 1 cup blueberries if desired.
- Spoon large ladlefulls onto hot, buttered skillet. Turn pancake over once top is slightely dry and most bubbles have popped. Serve hot with fresh fruit and yogurt, or maple syrup.