Chicken & Leek Filo Pie
Member recipe by katie_jayne1985
- 3 - 4 Chicken breasts
- 3 - 4 Medium sized leeks
- 100 - 150 grams reduced fat cream cheese (I use Morrisons 75% less fat)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- Splash lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Prep the leeks- Chop off the dark green part then slice length ways. Rinse thoroughly to get rid of any mud. Once clean, chop the leeks in to small semi circles.
- Put a splash of olive oil in a pan and sweat the leeks, don't colour them.
- Whilst the leeks are cooking, prep the chicken. Dice in to bite sized chucks and add to the leeks.
- Crush in the garlic and add a splash of lemon juice. Once the chicken is starting to cook, add the chicken stock. (Note, don't cook the chicken all the way through before adding the stock as it tends to dry out). Next, add the cream cheese. Stir continously to avoid curdling/ splittling.
- Once the sauce has reduced by half, transfer to an oven dish and allow to cool for 10 - 15 mins.
- Once cool, brush the outer rim of the over dish with olive oil. Lay the filo pastry a sheet at a time over the dish. Brush the joins and the edges with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven (180 degrees for a fan oven) for around 35 minutes until the filo has gone golden and crispy. Serve with mash and veg for a filling midweek meal :-)