Onion and Cheese Turnovers
Member recipe by littlechef1995
A simple and easy recipe to make onion and cheese tunovers. Delicious!
- 8 oz Shortcrust Pastry
- 12 oz Cooked Onions
- 4 oz Chedder cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 pint Savoury White Sauce
- Roll out the pastry thinly and cut into six 4 inch rounds.
- Chop the cooked onion finely and mix with all the other ingredients, season carefully with the salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture between the pastry circles. Dampen the edges and carefully fold over each circle to form a half circle, press the edges well together.
- With a sharp knife, score across the top of each turnover amd brush with a little milk.
- Put each turnover onto a ungreased baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes at 425F/220C/Gas mark 6 or until the turniovers are golden brown.
- Serve warm, (the filling inside may be a bit hot).