Member recipe by biebette01031994
Golden plaited bread containing cinnamon, sultanas and raisons. Perfect for all the family.
- 250g strong bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 sachet dried yeast
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150ml warm water
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 80g raisons
- 80g sultanas
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Large Bowl
- Baking Tray
- Baking paper
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place 250g of strong bread flour into a large bowl. Carefully add the salt, dried yeast, sunflower oil and warm water. Mix well with a fork.
- When the mixture gets sticky, take it out and place it on a clean surface. Sprinkle a tsp of flour on the surface so the mixture won't stick to it. Start rolling it out whilst still mixing it. When the mixture is no longer sticky, leave it for 15 minutes on a warm, damp surface to prove.
- After 15 minutes, take the dough and place it again on a surface with sprinked flour. Start rolling around the mixture again untill it's no longer sticky.
- To plait the bread, simply roll it into three equal shaped balls. Then roll these out untill long and thin. Equally brush the olive oil over the bread dough Bind three ends together and start plaiting them. Bind the three ends together again at the end. Leave on a warm, damp surface to prove for 15 miutes.
- Place the bread in the pre-heated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. You will know the bread is cooked by seeing it's a golden colour and by poking your finger in the bottom of the bread. remove the bread from oven unless it needs more time to cook.
- Leave for 5 minutes on a dry surface to cool down, then enjoy. The bread should serve 5 or more people.