Rich Butter cake
Member recipe by bakingchef15
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Slices
- 6oz softened butter
- 6oz caster sugar
- 3 standard eggs
- 8oz plain flour, sifted
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 level tsp baking powder
- Prepare 20cm/8inch cake tin.
- Cream butter with sugar thoroughly for 3 to4 min, until light and fluffy. Beat in whole eggs, one at a time, adding a tbsp of flour with each. Beat in the milk with a tbsp of milk.
- Gently fold in rest of the flour sieved together with baking powder with large metal spoon.
- Transfer to tin and smooth top with knife.
- Bake in oven in oven at 160c, 325f or Gas mark 3. for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.
- Leave in tin for 5 min. Turn out onto wire wrack.
- Carefully peel off baking paper and cool.