Member recipe by bakingchef15
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Pasties
- 6oz sort crust pastry
- 4oz braising steak, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- milk or egg to glaze.
- Heat oven to 220c,425f Gas mark 7.
- Divide the pastry into 4, roll out each piece about 0.5cm thick keeping a round shape. Trim if necessary.
- Mix meat with potato and onion, season well.
- Divide the filling between the rounds of pastry, dampen the edges and draw up the sides so that they meet in the middle.
- Firmly press edges together, flute with the fingers and brush with beaten egg or milk.
- Bake for 10 min then reduce heat to 180c, 350f Gas mark 4, and cook for a further 40 min.