Triple Chocolate Brownies
Member recipe by maxeleven
This is the best chocolate brownie recipe i have found, it never fails to impress
- 275g/10oz plain chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 275g/10oz unsalted butter
- 50g/ground almonds (optional)
- 85g/3oz pecans, broken into pieces
- 85g/3oz milk chocolate, cut into large chunks
- 85g/3oz white chocolate, cut into large chunks
- 175g/6oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 325g/12oz caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas3. Line a 30x20x3.5cm/12x8x1½in tin with lightly buttered greaseproof paper or foil.
- Put the plain chocolate and butter in a large bowl, place over a pan of simmering water and allow to melt.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl and set aside. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and stir in the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla essence. Fold in the flour, nuts (almonds)and chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared cake tin. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. The top should be firm but the inside should feel soft when cooked. Allow to cool in the tin. Remove the brownies from the tin and cut into squares.