Gooey Chocolate cake
Member recipe by bakingchef15
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Slices
- 6oz English butter
- 6oz caster sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3oz self raising flour
- 3oz coco powder
- Butter 2 sandwich tins and line with grease proof paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in half the flour, then fold in the rest.
- Place half the mixture in each tin and level.
- Bake at 190c for 20 min until well risen.
- Turn out onto wire wrack. When cool sandwich together with chocolate butter-cream and jam if liked.