Mushroom Rice Pilaf
Member recipe by lorenzaavila
Delicious side dish of rice infused with the flavors of mushrooms and almonds. Perfect with beef.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup onions, brunoise dice
- 56g mushrooms, wiped clean and thinly sliced
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken stock, or if a very gelatinous stock, use 1 cup each stock and water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, sauteed in 2 Tbs butter
- 2 TBS parsley, washed, dried and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the oil and butter, add the onion and mushrooms and sauteed until soft and translucent.
- Pour in the rice and stir to coat the granules well. Cook until the edges of the rice grains have turned translucent, but not toasted.
- Add the stock and salt. Cover the pan tightly, placing a sheet or two of paper toweling under the lid, reduce the heat to low and cook until all the liquid has evaporated and grains are tender.
- Correct the seasonings. Toss the rice with a fork and fold in the sauteed almonds and parsley.