Lamb Burgers & Cucumber Relish
Member recipe by astro-chef
A very tasty burger made with sweet succulent lamb and served with a tangy cucumber relish.
- 900 grams, Lean minced/ground lamb
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Romano/Pointed pepper, finely chopped
- 1-tablespoon Tomato paste, (We now use Heinz Tomato Puree with Mexican Spices and leave out the hot pepper sauce)
- ½-teaspoon, hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon, paprika
- 2 tablespoons, chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon, chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 burger buns split and toasted to serve
- For The Cucumber Relish
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime or lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons, olive oil
- 4 tablespoons, chopped fresh mint
- 2 spring onions/scallions, finely chopped
- To make the relish, mix together the ingredients in a large glass bowl, cover and chill for at least 2 hours or it is best chilled overnight.
- In a bowl mix the lamb, onion, pepper, and herbs, season with a little salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Pre-Heat The Grill
- Divide the burger mix into 6 equal portions and shape into patties (we use the burger press available from Lakeland)
- Grill/broil allowing 5 minutes on each side for a medium burger and 8 minutes each side for a well-done burger.