Lemon & Ricotta Pancakes
Member recipe by misslaffan
- 250g/9oz ricotta cheese
- 5 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 3 Large eggs, separated
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 55g/2oz plain flour
- Warmed cherry or blueberry conserve to serve
- Place the ricotta cheese, sugar and egg yolks in a large bowl and mix together. Stir in the lemon rind and melted butter. Sift in the flour and fold in. Place the egg whites in a separate bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the ricotta mixture.
- Put a non-stick frying pan onto a medium heat and add heaped tablespoons of the mixture allowing room for spread. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the underside is coloured then turn over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with warmed conserve and enjoy.