Strawberry Cream Heaven
Member recipe by tartanjuda
- 6g gelatin, soaked in 3 tbsp water**
- 550g fresh strawberry, washed, trimmed and pureed by food processor (Approx 400ml puree)
- 250g single cream
- 250g milk
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 3 egg yolks
- 60g granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp condensed milk
- **I personally like very soft and creamy texture, however, 6g gelatin is the minimum to settle the cream, if you like more set add more gelatin up to 8g.
- Pour the double cream and the milk into a sauce pan. Slit the vanilla pod lengthways, add in to the pan and bring to approx 50C. Never let it boil or form a skin on the milk. Remove from the heat, add prepared gelatin, and stir until it dissolves completely. Set aside and cool a little.
- In a large bowl beat the egg yolks, sugar and condensed milk. Pour the strawberry puree over the egg mixture and stir well. Then pour the milk mixture into the bowl, whisking.
- Divide evenly between the serving dishes. Cool a little, then chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream, piece of mint leave or strawberry marinades. (For the marinade, see my recipe of strawberry tiramisu)