spicy vegetable soup
Member recipe by padwan88
- 4 carrots - sliced
- cauliflower - florets
- Broccoli - florets
- 1 large potatoes - small chunks
- 1 tbsp paprika hot
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove - finely sliced
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 125g Anellini pasta
- 300ml water
- salt and pepper - season
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Once cooked drain, pour boiling water over them to remove excess starch, and leave to cool
- In a hot pan of a little sunflower oil, add chopped potatoes. Add all other ingredients except for the water, vegetables and pasta and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add a small dash of the water until a thick sauce develops from the spices. Add the sliced garlic and seasoning and cook for 5-8minutes.
- Add the vegetables, and coat in the thick sauce. Add the water (gradually add the water throughout the recipe depending on how thick/thin you want your soup).
- Once the veg and potatoes are soft, turn the heat off and allow to cool for 2-3minutes. In a food processor add the mixture gradually until it becomes smooth. Add more water here if its too thick.
- Once all the mixture has been processed, return to a saucepan and heat the soup through. Add the cooked pasta, combine ingredients and cook until hot.
- Serve in a bowl accompanied with chunky crusty bread and butter.