Member recipe by fazy4eva
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
QUICK AND EASY recipe to make a delicious SPONGE CAKE. This is also great made into cupcakes or decorated for a party! This cake is a reason to CELEBRATE!
- 4oz Salted Butter
- 4oz Caster Sugar
- 4oz Flour
- 2 Medium-Large eggs
- Vanilla Essence
- Preheat your oven to gas 5/190 C/ 375 fan.
- Firstly sift your sugar into the bowl. Add the butter then mix until light and fluffy.
- Put an egg into the bowl and quickly whisk in. Repeat this with the second egg.
- Sift in the flour and whisk into the mix.
- Add a splash of milk and a few drops of vanilla essence.
- Grease a small baking tin with a little butter/line a cake tray with 12 cake cases.
- Fill each case about 3/4 full/put all of the mix into the tin.
- Put the cupcakes in the oven for 14 mins or until golden-brown. Put the single sponge in for 30-40 mins or until golden-brown.
- Take out and leave on a wire rack to cool. Decorate as you wish or serve plain.