Member recipe by nasimnore
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Pancakes
- 115g plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 1tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing pan
- 300ml full-fat milk
- Sieve the flour and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg, oil and a little milk, then mix together. Gradually whisk in the rest of the milk to make a batter, then whisk in the butter.
- Cover and leave to stand in a cool place for 30 minutes. You can skip this stage if you are short of time.
- Grease a nonstick frying pan with a little oil and then wipe off any excess. Heat the pan until very hot and pour in enough batter to thinly coat the base. Cook until the surface is dry and then flip or toss over. Cook the other side for a few moments, until it just starts to brown.
- Slide the pancake onto a warmed plate and repeat until all the batter is used up.