Creamy Garlic Mushrooms
Member recipe by roseycheeks
A Easy Tasty Starter. Served With Toasted Bread. Combining Mushrooms, Cream, Garlic And Wine.
- 200g Mushrooms (Any Mushrooms You Like)
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves (Peeled)
- 2 Shallots (Peeled)
- Olive Oil
- Splash Of White Wine
- 2 Tbls Cream (Single Or Double)
- 2 Tbls Parmesan Cheese (Or Any Hard Cheese)
- Black Pepper
- Toasted Bread (Ciabatta, French, Granary)
- Pour the oil into a flat, shallow frying pan and place over a gentle heat. Finely slice the garlic and shallots and add to the pan. Fry gently for a few minutes, stirring occasionally and ensuring the garlic and shallots do not start to brown or burn.
- Prepare your mushrooms by gently wiping any dirt from their surfaces with a piece of kitchen towel - never wash mushrooms as they will absorb the water and become slimy. Slice the mushrooms into chunky pieces and add to the pan, stirring so that they become coated with the oil.
- Once the mushrooms have all started to colour, pour the glass of wine into the pan and turn the heat up so that the alcohol burns off and the liquid starts to reduce.
- After a few minutes, the mushrooms should be cooked, so turn the heat back down quite low and add the cream to the pan along with black pepper according to taste. Stir everything around and heat gently for a couple of minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Transfer the mushrooms and cream mixture to two shallow, heat-proof dishes. Spinkle the grated cheese over the top of each and place the dishes under the grill. Keep an eye on these so that they don't start to burn - it should only take a couple of minutes for the cheese to be browned and bubbling.
- Stand each dish on a large plate (don't forget to warn guests how hot the dishes will be!) and serve with granary toast for mopping up the sauce.