Sweet potato & Carrot Soup
Member recipe by tartanjuda
- [In order of cooking process]
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium to large sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 2 rashers of smoked bacon, cut in small pieces*
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 600ml or more milk (Depend how thick you want)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- *If you are vegetarian, without bacon should be fine.
- Lay the sliced onions, carrots, sweet potatoes and bacon in this order, put into the sauce pan, pour the chicken or vegetable stock over the pan. Cover the top, bring to the boil very gently and cook with low heat until all the ingredients become soft.
- Remove the heat, leave for 10 minutes to cool, then grind to a thick paste in the pan by using a hand mixer or transfer to a food processor.
- Bring back to the heat, then add the milk adjusting your favourite thickness and simmer gently for a few minutes. Season and serve the soup on its own or with piece of bread. Enjoy!