Beef and harvest veg stew
Member recipe by lala83
Deliciously light beef stew with butternut squash, sweet potatoes and carrots. A firm family favourite.
- 500g diced casserole beef
- 1 butternut squash
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 large carrots
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- olive oil
- 2 beef oxo cubes
- 1 vegetable oxo cube
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Peel and roughly chop the carrots, sweet potatoes and butternut squash into large chunks.
- Heat the oil in a pan and brown the beef. Once browned add to casserole dish. Finely chop the onion and soften in the pan with the garlic before adding to the casserole dish.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the casserole dish and make up 2 pints of stock with the oxo cubes. Pour over the vegetables and add the mixed herbs. (The stock should almost cover the ingredients )
- Cover the casserole and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
- Serve with cous cous and/or warm bread rolls.