Creamy Ham and Rice Soup
Member recipe by cherin
Comfort in a bowl. A quick and hearty soup full of shredded carrots, scallions, diced ham, cooked rice and cream.
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup single cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium size saucepan cook scallions and carrots in butter to soften. Add flour and stir until thoroughly combined with butter.
- Slowly add chicken broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Bring to a boil and simmer 2 min.
- Add ham, rice, cream, salt and pepper. Heat through, but do not bring to a boil.