Oven dried tomatoes
Member recipe by easytiger-gb
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Jars
Good way of using and preserving garden glut and a great (cheaper) alternative to sun-dried toms.
- 30 large tomatoes
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp salt
- pre-heat the oven to the lowest setting (80-100C). Cut the toms in half and scoop out some of the seeds.
- sprinkle the inside of the toms with salt and leave cut side down on kitchen paper while you do the rest.
- Line an oven tray with foil to catch the drips and place a cooling rack inside. Put the toms in a bowl with the oil, garlic and oregano, stir to coat, then place the toms cut side down on the cooling tray.
- Put in the oven, with the door slighlty ajar, for 6-7 hours, turning after 5 hours.
- Leave to cool then place in a sterilised jar topped with olive oil.