White strawberry cupcakes
Member recipe by stephie_kay
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Cakes
A lovely surprising burst of strawberry and white chocolate flavour to a deceivingly simple looking cupcake!
- 150g butter softened
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tbsp milk
- 1.5tbsp (or 15ml) strawberry flavoring
- 100g roughly chopped white chocolate
- For the icing:
- 150g white chocolate
- 80g butter
- 200g soft cheese
- 80g Icing sugar
- 4-5 nicely chopped strawberries (optional decoration)
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4 and Line up your muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light, fluffy and pale. Gradually beat in the beaten eggs alternating with the sifted flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Stir through the strawberry flavoring and milk. Finally, carefully fold in the chopped chocolate pieces (make sure they're not too big so they dont fall toward the bottom of the mix)
- Divide the mixture into the cupcake cases and bake for 15-19 minutes until golden on the top and a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. If you still have cake mix left re-line the muffin tray with a new batch and bake that too.
- For the icing melt the white chocolate over a bain-marie. Allow it to cool. Beat the butter until really soft, then beat in the soft cheese, icing sugar and melted chocolate. Pipe the icing onto the now-cooled cupcakes and top the icing with a chopped strawberry.