Super Juicy Mushroom Burgers
Member recipe by superspatula
- 4 big flat mushrooms
- 4 bread rolls (I recommend ciabatta rolls)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 100g goat's cheese (this can be substituted with any cheese)
- 1-2 tbsp chutney (I recommend beetroot or sweet onion)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4.
- Put the olive oil, crushed garlic, thyme and some salt and pepper into a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Put the mushrooms on the baking tray and spread the oil mix evenly onto the gills of the mushroom. The stalks can be left in or taken out.
- Bake the mushrooms for 20 minutes until juicy. Meanwhile slice each bread roll in half and divide the goat's cheese into four ready to crumble onto the mushroom.
- When the mushrooms are juicy, crumble the goat's cheese on top and put back in the oven until the cheese melts.
- Meanwhile lightly toast the rolls and then spread the top of each roll with the chutney.
- Put the finished burgers into the buns and enjoy with a green salad or chips!