Chinese Style Pork Fillet
Member recipe by louiseglennie
Succulent pork with a chinese style coating pefect for barbeques or just done in the oven.
- For the marinade
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tsps of lazy ginger or equivalent fresh peeled and grated
- 1 tsp fresh chilli (optional)
- 1 pork fillet
- Light the barbecue if using or turn the oven on to 220C
- Take the pork and with sharp knife remove any white membrane from around the pork
- Put the marinade ingredients into a shallow dish large enough to take the pork, mix together with a spoon and roll the pork to ensure it is covered.
- Leave the pork to marinade for as long as you can, turn the pork to ensure the pork is evenly marinated
- Remove the pork from the marinade and wipe off any chunks of marinade
- Place the pork on the barbecue and turn every 7 mins to ensure it is fully cooked, if using the oven place on a rack and put on the highest shelf for 30 minutes until fully cooked - test by inserting a knife there should be no red juices, leave to stand for 15 minutes for the meat to rest and finish cooking, ideally cover or wrap in foil to keep warm.