Quick & Tasty Bolognese
Member recipe by maddiekara
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Portions
A firm favourite of even the most fussy of eaters, this rich & tasty bolognese is quick & fun to make.
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 x 560g jars of tomato & mushroom pasta sauce (or any of your choice)
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 punnet of mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 1 generous tbsp honey
- 8 shakes of a worcestershire sauce bottle
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 squeezes of tomato & garlic puree
- salt & pepper to taste
- Your choice of cheese for seving
- Using a large frying pan, fry off the finely chopped onion in 1 tsp butter until slightly golden then add the mushrooms and other tsp of butter and fry on a medium heat until cooked.
- Break up the mince & add to the pan, cooking until the meat is almost all brown. Add a few twists of a salt and pepper mill.
- Keeping the pan on a medium heat, add both jars of sauce & stir 2 good squeezes of the tomato & garlic puree into the mix.
- Add the honey and worcestershire sauce and allow to cook down for 20 minutes until the bolognese is thick and glossy, stiring every 5 to stop it sticking.
- Serve with your choice of cheese on top & buttery spaghetti, yum yum