Lamb in sundried tomato sauce
Member recipe by claire100
- 4 small lamb leg steaks (350g)
- 200ml lamb; chicken or vegetable stock
- 2tsp sundried tomato paste
- 2tbsp creme fraiche (half fat if you're being good!)
- 25g soft cheese (half fat if you're being good!)
- lemon juice
- fresh basil
- Pan-fry 4 leg steaks for approx 14-18 mins - until cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add 200ml lamb or chicken stock to the pan and bring to the boil with 2tsp sundried tomato paste. Reduce the heat and stir in 2 tbsp creme fraiche and soft cheese. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and season well.
- Simmer for a few minutes, add a few shredded fresh basil leaves and pour over the lamb.
- Serve with your choice of potatoes (crushed new potatoes go really well) and sugar snap peas or fine green beans.