Member recipe by rafalhaase
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, (about 4 ounces each), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until the onion becomes tender, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet. Saute the chicken until it is golden brown on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- Quickly add the chicken broth and stir with a wooden spoon to release any caramelized bits that are stuck to the pan. Cook until the chicken broth has reduced by half. Stir in the mustard.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.