Member recipe by jonnyenglish
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Loaves
- 360g srong white bread flour
- 2tsp milk powder
- 2tsp surgar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 7g packet fast action dry yeast
- 200 ml warm water
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl,once mixed turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Kneed for 10 mins untill doe has a smooth texture. If the mixture is to sticky its ok to add more flour.
- Return to bowl and cover with a tea towel then put somewhere warm for 20 mins untill its doubled in size.
- Pre heat oven to 220c/fan 240c/gas9 and put a saucepan of hot water in the bottom. This to provide steam to keep the loaves soft.
- Once doe has doubled in size dived into two equal loaves and shape into sticks about 10ins long,slice five slits in the top of the loaves to stop them splitting while cooking,place on a baking tray and return to a warm place to prove for a further ten mins
- Once ready place into the oven for around 10mins or untill golden brown (Warning beware of the steam when opening the oven door)