Tuna Potato Cakes
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
- 4 large potatoes
- 50ml milk
- 2 cans of tuna (240g)
- 12 chives, finely chopped
- 15ml lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 50g All Bran Flakes
- Sunflower oil for frying
- ***Make double sure you have a good non-stick pan before attempting this. Placing the cakes in the fridge for a few minutes before frying also helps them keep their shape. ***
- Boil the potatoes and mash them adding small splashes of milk. Mix together all the ingredients except for the breadcrumbs and All Bran Flakes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the breadcrumbs and All Bran Flakes in a plastic bag and bash them to a fine dust.
- Shape the cakes with your hands (it should make about 9 cakes) and roll it in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the cakes on both sides until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve the cakes immediately. Even better wehn accompanied by lemon juice, sea salt and tartare sauce.